Gravity applied to business
The law of gravity is the mass of one object times the mass of the another object divided by the distance between them squared.
G= M1 x M2/ D √2
To increase the force of gravity, we can either increase the mass of an object, or we can decrease the distance between them.
Gravity is an attractive force in distinction to polarity which is repellant.
To design any functional system, be that business, technology, architecture or human, we require both the attractive and repellent forces to be in tensile equilibrium. Too much attractive force and we get implosion. Too much polarising force and we blow apart.
Buckminster Fuller coined the term tensegrity to describe the constant dance between the compressive and tensile forces.
If we want to create a higher order of attraction, be that to a product, service, the entire enterprise, the team, or the story, we might consider gravity.
What specifically do we seek to attract? Asking this question for both the short and long term and taking into consideration precession (the effect at 90 degrees) might be a wise place to start. In their haste to produce a thing, few founders ever take the time to deeply consider these questions, choosing instead to deal with the fallout at a later date. The fallout is often significant.
What mass might we intentionally increase? The effect of our product and service, the story, the physical dimensions, the integrity, the quality?
And if we were considering reducing the distance, what does that mean? Bringing people together physically, making the service easier to access (one step not three), offering high personal experiences, for example?
Finally, given that we must also balance this with polarity to ensure our design holds its shape, how do we build the polarity into this with conscious intention?
A simple example. A highly functioning team has an increase gravity because people are there by sovereign choice, including how they interact. Sovereign choice includes convening around a purpose they care about, which is an attractive force in its own right, feeling safe enough to bring their whole selves to the enterprise, being able to have a high degree of autonomy, and knowing that their contribution makes a difference. They have a set of boundaries and agreements which define the architecture/polarity and maintain shape.
Getting this right requires attention. Applying the operating principles of Universe to human designed systems is an essential aspect of a Syntropic Enterprise.
Photo taken August 19th 2019, Byron Bay
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE =LEAVING EARTH AND ALL HER CREATURES IN BETTER SHAPE FOR HAVING EXISTED
As the principal of 2:23AM – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.223am.com
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers and Starwalkers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.