The Courage to be Disliked
The question is…do I care more about you than what you think of me?
If I care more about being liked then I will hold back the magnificence of my full being.
I will dress and act and speak to please. And in the process never please anyone, including myself, for the me that refuses to be shaped by another’s projected opinion will not find voice or expression.
If I care more about you than what you think of me, I will speak with love to the magnificence of you. I will speak with love of the behaviour and habits you have that you may not see, that prevent you from expressing your magnificence. I will speak with love, not anger. I will hold you in the field of my care, knowing that it may be weeks, months, years or never for you to know my words and actions came from ultimate care for you.
The courage to be disliked is the courage to love ourselves. To treat ourselves with the compassion that knows both our magnificence and fallibilities. It is the courage to speak up against those who’s voices have been silenced by submission and oppression. To speak for what we care about, what moves us to act and lead.
The courage to be disliked is not the same as ignorance of our effects on the world. It is not narcissism.
It is the ultimate voice that speaks to a world that dignifies humanity and life. It speaks from a field that is greater than any one self.
In speaking for our care of others and Earth we create an expanded world.
Photo taken August 30th, 2019
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE =LEAVING EARTH AND ALL HER CREATURES IN BETTER SHAPE FOR HAVING EXISTED
As the principal of 2:23AM – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.223am.com
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers and Starwalkers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.