The opposite of complexity
Is not simplicity, it is reduction.
Our default mode is to reduce. To take the complex, beautiful, that which transcends words and language, and to package it into image bites that strip everything that makes it extraordinary out.
Our capitalist system requires us to do this so we can commodify.
We take beautiful humans, with all of their nuance, idiosyncrasies, and wild creativity, and we reduce them through education and workplace cultures into predicable events to be managed.
We strip nature to the bone and build boxes to live in.
We insist that our work be packaged into sound bites, able to be understood by children, and as such reduce the intelligent capacity of people to know the good, the true and the beautiful when they experience it. In so doing, we patronise the extraordinary capacity of people to engage senses beyond the six.
Simplicity lives on the other side of complexity. To arrive at simplicity that captures the entirety of the complex is to work for years to know, in your bones, that which is complex, to hold it in reverence for its very complexity, and then, with few words but decades of craft and refinement, to speak…evoking the entire range of the complex in the act.
This is the realm of the mystics and poets, the artists and lovers, those who have immersed themselves in the complex, steeped in the whole.
To arrive at few words that speak oceans of complex…
There is some kiss we want with our whole life…. Rumi…
Photo Taken September 16th, 2019
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE =LEAVING EARTH AND ALL HER CREATURES IN BETTER SHAPE FOR HAVING EXISTED
As the principal of Syntropic.world – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.