The Urgency of Stillness
Stillness is possibly one of the most urgent things we might do to support a world with a future.
How easy is it to get trapped in the world of busy, fast, too much noise, too many distractions.
To believe that we must move fast, faster, fastest. That our new business needs manic. Or our older business needs the constancy of doing doing doing.
That our lives must be filled, ever day falling into bed exhausted. Sleep deprived, the thousand things on our to-do-list hardly impacted.
We abhor boredom. That chasm of no-thing-ness. As if, going there, we might find the intensely uncomfortable. Truth.
Our running hard and fast and constantly is like living on a diet entirely of junk food. Calories but no nourishment.
Oh, we long for nourishment. Real. Soulful. Birthed in infinity. Transcending chronos time. Only to be found when we are still enough to take a fully conscious breath, repeated.
To build a world with a future requires the rejection of our cultural story of busy/manic/heroic endurance.
Instead to be still enough to listen around the corners of the future we long to create. To be thoughtful in our enterprise design. Deliberate. Comprehensively considerate.
To ask daring questions, to challenge never before challenged assumptions.
The future that rejects dehumanisation, colonisation, extraction to extinction and exploitation asks us to honour the urgency of stillness. To listen with exquisite attention to what is being called forth for all human thriving. To open the field to the infinite possibility.
To do this is a conscious act of insurgency. A stand for a world that has time, space, and beauty as central to human existence.
This act of defiance is towards Syntropy. What we design and build is an expression of the inner space we have created that allows nourishment at the deepest level.
To think otherwise is to continue to propagate the very models we seek to change.
Photo taken September 25th, 2016
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE =LEAVING EARTH AND ALL HER CREATURES IN BETTER SHAPE FOR HAVING EXISTED
As the principal of Syntropic.world – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.