What cannot be said in this room?
What cannot be said in this relationship, or room, or house, or workplace, or nation?
To ask this question is to invite the prejudices, the fears, the want to control and dominate..to be evidenced.
It raises the broken and unspoken. The dark and forbidden. The cultural history. Dogma.
To ask this question is to ask where we might be caught in another’s web, or in our own. Where we fear to speak up in the face of shame, humiliation, violence, or the need to be liked.
In the answer, we might get to consider safety, our own voice as sovereign, The ability to relax and be fully ourselves.
In raising a child my commitment was to ensure that there was nothing that could not be said in our home. The big scary conversations about sex, money, drugs, relationships…and the intimate conversations about insecurity, doubt, confusion, loss. To create the field for all to exist, absent judgement, shame or ridicule.
In creating workplaces, we want there to be space for disagreement, diversity of thought, challenging status quo, offering ideas. We want to enable this to happen with dignity and respect.
Creating these types of spaces requires thoughtful consideration, held with clear intention.
It is often not the spoken word that damages, but the silence.
Photo taken April 19th, 2015
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE =LEAVING EARTH AND ALL HER CREATURES IN BETTER SHAPE FOR HAVING EXISTED
As the principal of Syntropic.world – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.