We have been trained to see things and not the space in between. Yet the space in between is often where the richness lies.
The space in between lovers is filled with desire, love, anticipation, heat, care, excitement and the agony of waiting.
The space in between those in conflict is filled with stories that may or may not be true, with judgements, unmet expectations, pain, anger, loss, despair.
The space in between trees is filled with dappled light, a network of intertwining leaves and roots, an ecology of life both obvious and microbial.
Consider your hand…do you see your fingers? Do you also see, with the same clarity, the spaces between your fingers that contribute to everything your hand and fingers can do?
When we look at an issue we see the things, the events, the issue. Perhaps if we trained ourselves to see the space in between, the tension in relationships, the ebbs and flows of energy/money/communication, the emotions and expectations, the way we respond to, engage with, nourish and nurture or neglect…we might approach the issue differently.
Our future world might be filled with astounding technology and AI, but the spaces between is where the human story is told.
Let’s have a conversation with the spaces as if our lives depended upon it…(and perhaps they do.)
Photo Taken September 5th, 2019, by Tony
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE =LEAVING EARTH AND ALL HER CREATURES IN BETTER SHAPE FOR HAVING EXISTED
As the principal of Syntropic.world – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.