TRANSPARENCY AND PRIVACY
Our world is currently very confused about what should be transparent and what should be private.
Money directed at politics
Publicly listed companies
Management of the Commons
The data and meta data of individuals, including social sharing
Conversations between people
Our health records
Individuals financial records
=Essentially all personal records and digital actions
The impulse to keep those institutions that support the public interest private is a sure invitation to corruption and nefarious practise.
To accuse those who expose the nefarious and corrupt practises of our public institutions and elected officials as traitors is to sign a pact with the devil. It will only lead to amplification.
It takes people of extraordinary ethics and integrity to resist the many temptations of secrecy that our public institutions currently offer. A corner cut here, another one there, is the slow and steady path to corruption.
Yet these public institutions are now telling us a very embellished story as to why they need to remain private as they hack the privacy of individuals for the collective “protection.”
Having greater transparency in the public domain is a much bigger lever for humanities safety than chasing the rogue individuals.
Corruption (and its consequences – the arms race, war, propaganda manipulation of whole populations…) is largely institutional.
Photo taken October 3rd, 2019, by Tony
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE = LEAVING EARTH AND ALL HER CREATURES IN BETTER SHAPE FOR HAVING EXISTED
As the principal of Syntropic.world – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 6 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab