THE EXISTENTIAL MATTER OF THE CLIMATE CRISIS
When an aggressor seriously threatens the lives of loved ones we can enact non-violent revolution, seeking resolution.
We can fight.
Doing nothing is not a viable option.
Yet here we are as humanity, where 100 companies are responsible for 70% of our global emissions, where the Trumps, Bolsonaro’s and Morrisions of the world are leveraging their own form of climate barbarism towards self interest.
The threat is bigger than any one nation. It demands unification of response. In the positive it may be the trigger that forces nations to collaborate as one world, one Spaceship Earth.
As Bucky Fuller said in around 1930, if we consider the all-in-cost of a barrel of oil, the cost for Earth to make it, for humans to find, extract, refine and use it, and then the post use cost, there is no one on the planet who could afford a single barrel of oil. We would eventually need to pay the after tax of our failure to account for the full cost.
This after tax is becoming due. Many, particularly those who have made the least contribution towards the climate breakdown, are paying now. Our children will continue to pay. No one will escape. The after tax will be exponentially greater than the financial profit made by those who have gained unprecedented wealth and power from their exploitation of humanities future.
We have an existential threat that is greater than any humanity has faced to date.
Yet the old guard of human dinosaurs insist that we throw humanity, our beautiful home planet, into the chapters of history that speak to the absolute incompetence of their leadership.
We turn instead to the steady clear voice of those who will pay the biggest price.
The young, the displaced, those who are at the effects of 75 years of neoliberal economics and thousands of years of colonisation and exploitation.
There is a revolution in play which threatens the very existence of the old guard and the systems they designed to befit the few off the backs of the many.
It is little wonder the old guard are lashing out at those who they didn’t see as having any power, any value, any authority – helpless in the face of the new game that speaks steady, true, and without artifice – unable to be silenced, for a world that benefits all, and not just the few.
Our modern day dinosaurs are beginning to get that the game is up, that they are the fossils in our global ecology.
It is our time to be active, to speak, to change habits, to insist on the kind of leadership that effects radical, seemingly impossible change against the biggest threat we have faced. No longer a question of affordability, technology or time.
The time is now, and today, if we act, the price will be less than if we wait for tomorrow.
Photo taken October 5th, 2019
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE = LEAVING EARTH AND ALL HER CREATURES IN BETTER SHAPE FOR HAVING EXISTED
As the principal of Syntropic.world – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 6 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.