DO WE NEED SCIENCE TO TELL US THE OBVIOUS?
That the oceans are filled with plastic.
Our favourite river from our childhood is polluted and the fish are gone.
The air in cities is hard to breath.
Animals are becoming extinct.
The number of bugs that hit the windshield while driving are far less than we remembered.
And the weather is deranged.
Are we aware that people are choosing to exit life in greater numbers.
That is is hard to make ends meet.
That human trafficking, slavery, and exploitation exist even in the most affluent of countries.
And the number of refugees, people seeking refuge from impossible conditions, is rising.
Are we are aware of the landfill, the mass of our discarded toys and tools, electronics and machinery that is becoming a serious issue of where to put it.
If we know these things do we need scientists to tell us that we are approaching the red line? Or indeed have crossed it. The koalas will say we crossed it some time ago.
Can we allow ourselves to feel the hurt of the burning forests and all its animals. Can we feel the struggle for whole ecologies who can no longer live as a result of our carelessness and arrogance. Are we able to feel the pain and despair of whole communities forced to move, to seek refuge, because their homes are unliveable?
Perhaps this pain, this overwhelming grief for the damage we are doing to magnificent nature, Earth, our creatures, is too big for us to handle, and so we block it, and go about our business, pretending all is well. But the existential pain sits, like a sleeping snake, in the pit of our stomach, to rise and bite, and perhaps push us over the edge when we least expect it. This pain, like an invisible ocean, is killing so many young people.
Do we turn away and wait for a political response when we observe our politicians corrupted by big business invested in keeping the status quo, political parties weakened by the single desire to win the next election, dictated to by terms that are contrary to what the people need. Unable to muster an ounce of bold visionary leadership, probably because they do not have it in the first place, and certainly evidence a lack of the ability to see that we live on a living earth, where every single system is connected, where what you do here, even if tiny, affects the field over there.
Do we look to the titans of industry, to the so called ‘leaders’ we have revered, who have profited, and still do, off the backs of humans, our Earth. Who profess that technology will save us. And as it does, they will make a killing. (The chosen language to describe outrageous financial gain.)
The future rests in our hands. We, the people.
Our task is not to fall into endless debates about what to call the problem, and who or what is to blame.
Rather, to turn and face a future we want to see, to design and build that. To begin at home, with ourselves, with the deepest recognition that we are all part of the whole, what we do even in the minutia counts.
The butterfly indeed flaps its wings in the rainforest and we get a typhoon on the other side of the world.
To fall madly, wildly, deeply, passionately in love with Earth, with the sky, the Oceans, all of our creatures, ourselves, humanity. To walk each step as a sacred act, grateful for the ground that holds us. For the ants who matter. For bee’s. For our koala’s. For our children’s future. For love, beauty, reverence.
This is the work of Syntropic Enterprise. To design, create build enterprises that consider the whole, the future wellbeing of all. To leave everything better.
No more rearranging deck chairs, let us build new boats. Let us do so wholeheartedly, bringing our infinite love, care, compassion and synergistic capacity to this task.
Photo taken November 27th, 2019
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE = LEAVING EARTH AND ALL HER CREATURES IN BETTER SHAPE FOR HAVING EXISTED
As the principal of Syntropic.world – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 6 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.