THE RIGIDITY OF UNCHANGE
“Is nothing more difficult nor more doubtful of success nor more dangerous to conduct than to make oneself a leader in introducing a new order of things. For the man/woman who introduces it has for enemies all who do well out of the old order.” Machiavelli
Yet the truth is we need this kind of leadership. We need the voices of many who stand at the edge and rattle the cage of old ways. Who do so with the wisdom of bringing the best from the old, as they transcend to the new.
The path, as Machiavelli suggests, is fraught with danger. It seeks to break the hold of those who profit off the backs of the many as they remain in the appearance of safety behind their gilded walls.
To do this, to persist, one must reject any form of personal advantage in isolation of the larger goal. Instead to cast their eyes to the horizon of the distant land, the one that restores dignity, beauty, love, care, meaning…to Earth and all her creatures. The goal, the mission, is the manna that feeds the leaders on this quest.
Change is the way of things. The arrow of emergence is written into our nature. To pull ourselves from a crawl. To walk. To run. To dance.
The moment we sink into the rigidity of unchange we are reduced from animated and dynamic towards decay.
Those in business-as-usual, those who cling to the status-quo, who reject the dance with change, are the modern day dinosaurs. Their profit cost humanity a vital all-of-life future.
The aftertax of our excess and absence of all-in-accounting will be paid. It is being paid in death of species, forests, rivers, oceans, sky…and the more beautiful world we know is possible.
Is safety and the old order an option? Perhaps time now to question everything. To lead the future.
I do hope you will join me. All-hands essential. No task too small.
….this is what Syntropic.world is all about
Photo taken January 20th, 2020
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE
= LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.