HOW TO EMPOWER THE MAKERS AND MISFITS
In a world straining with conformity enforcers, we need those at the edges pushing towards human evolution. Edge dwelling is fraught with dangers. The unknown, uncertain, untested terrains.
Here are a few thoughts on how we can support the makers and misfits who see possibilities as yet unknown and unseen.
Non conformity + community building. Do not try and take uniqueness and have it fit. Encourage makers and misfits to work with the whole community towards something bigger than any one of us. All of us are misfits in some area. And all of us want to find our tribe.
Curiosity + Constraints. Endlessly curious, makers and misfits live in a world where the constraints (real and designed) build super ordinary creativity. Constraints and creativity enable humans to cross thresholds into uncharted spaces.
Activity + contemplation. Makers and misfits want to do, make and build. And both before, during and after the building process, they need to contemplate, consider, observe and question the consequences.
Impossibility + great questions. Don’t tell them it’s impossible. Ask them a question that either makes the impossible possible, or gets them to create a step towards the impossible becoming possible.
Encouragement + feedback. How easy is it to ridicule, criticize, and tear down. Does it help? Anyone? (Except perhaps feelings of righteousness in the critique.) Encourage = heart felt. Give feedback, also heartfelt. See the effort, see the bravery in starting. Ask a question, give feedback to build up, and build up some more.
Photo taken January 25th 2020
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE
= LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.