BEAUTY IS INTEGRITY AND INTEGRITY IS BEAUTY
Integrity means to hold its shape. To be whole.
Our personal integrity is to hold the shape of our unique expression. To not be seduced, cajoled, or terrified into becoming another shape. To not think we have to be this or that to be accepted, liked, loved.
To be fully who we are, while also refining our rough edges that have yet to reconcile with our elemental identity. Our broken and damaged. Our injured and hurt.
Integrity of an enterprise is the same. There is a uniqueness to the Source Idea, the original animating impulse that has us say…we are going to create this…
The idea needs humans and the ecology in which it is born to bring it to life.
Our role as stewards of the idea is to hold the shape of that idea. To not have it become another shape, to not conform to others imposing on the shape, or seeking to clip its wings because of business-as-usual constraints.
Rather instead to imagine ways to bring the idea and its shape, its Pattern Integrity, to life.
Just as it is challenging to do this at the personal level, to be fully true to who we are….it is a challenge at the enterprise level. A whole world of business-as-usual tradition insists that it look like ‘this’ or ‘that.’
Often we make a mistake of taking our beautiful idea, which is in support of a world with a future, and then overlaying it with systems, constructs, and thinking from the very world we are seeking to emerge from.
Like putting petrol in a Tesla, this act will, against our desire, kill the integrity, the shape, of the idea.
Beauty, the intangible, ephemeral quality, is present when integrity is present. Beauty and integrity are pairs, life and eternity partners.
In a world with a future, rather than just measuring the usual..numbers, statistics, profit, GDP growth…we might honour Beauty.
I say honour because Beauty defies measurement. The moment we seek to do this, she, like the wind, disappears and then returns magnified, or transformed.
Imagine a world where love, beauty, joy, reverence, respect, dignity…are all included in our annual report, our daily stats, our feedback, our nations determination of its citizens and ecologies wellbeing?
When we revere Beauty, integrity is present. When integrity is the way, the world becomes more Beautiful.
Photo taken January 27th, 2017
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE
= LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.