THE FIRST LIE
Recently I was listening to a life long family friend speak of a certain world leader (We have many choices to pick from) who lies more than speaks the truth. She knew this, knew that most everything he said was a lie, and yet she thinks he is a good leader.
Why, I asked her? How can you respect someone who lies for a living? Someone who is masterful at spin doctoring, obfuscation, spell casting? She answered that it is because he is so good at these skills that she likes him.
I wonder how we got to a place where we revere the lies of our leaders. We, all of us, are in many ways, complicit. The acceptance of the first lie is our original sin. That first lie seems so small. So inconsequential.
Whether it is the lie we tell to ourselves, or the lie we tell to our spouse. It paves the way for the next, and the next. Before we know it, we live in a lie, and the truth is hard to find.
There will come a breaking point. Lies come at a high price. At the minimum the cost of our self esteem, our self respect. The cost of a marriage, a partnership. On the world stage lies cost people. Earth. Animals. Genocide. Ecocide. Omnicide.
When we awaken to the lies, when the spell is broken, our rage will be real.
The tide of lies is turning. The taste of lies is ash in our mouths.
In 2020 I choose to look towards the more beautiful world we can create…one built on truth, integrity, compassionate honest leadership…
Will you join me?
Photo taken January 4th 2020 by Tony
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE
= LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.