Bricolage as a power tool for entrepreneurs. A zero budget forces heightened creativity
The principle behind bricolage is to make use of what ever materials or ideas you have available to you in the immediate now to create some form of art.
Innovation often arises from the seemingly random raw ideas and materials we have available to us at the time. Almost any successful entrepreneur will tell you that when they started and their budget was zero they were compelled by circumstance to make use of what they had. The very element of not having cash forced them to a higher level of creativity. And it was in this heightened creativity that the true genius of their idea was awakened.
In other words, having a zero budget is a very good place to start.
When we deploy integral accounting one of the first steps we take is to do an audit of everything we have in our ecosystem that is immediately available to us now. Including the things that we may discount, or simply don’t see.
The materials, relationships and resources needed for the next stage of any entrepreneurial idea is almost always available…its just that we have lost the eyes to see because our eyes have been trained to see the easy path that money might buy. And we have become lazy.
The world needs more training in bricolage. Right under our noses lies the solution. It is there in the ordinary and boring. The stuff and people we have discounted.
So if you are stuck…look again, and again. And then again.
Photo taken January 26th 2016
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.