WITHIN THE INTEGRITY OF OUR BEING WE GET TO EXPRESS ALL THAT WE ARE
Integrity means to hold its shape.
For anything or anyone to be in integrity we need to hold our shape.
But what does this mean and how do we do it?
Shape requires polarity. A positive and negative charge. Too much negative and we get an explosion. Too much positive and we get collapse.
The amorphous undifferentiated mess of zero polarity has lost all identity. People who are afraid of natural hierarchy, strong boundaries, rigorous feedback, diversity, and the beautiful dance between the strong and vulnerable.
At the personal level this might play out like this.
We are too nice. Too lax in our boundaries. We do not stand for our value. Our intrinsic worth. As a consequence there is some form of collapse.
We are trapped in a negative spiral of nasty. Victim, blame, projection. The potential for explosion is very present.
At the enterprise level this might look like..
A lack of clear threshold crossing that offers all participants the choice to be a part of. A threshold crossing that has by design personal and team responsibility and ongoing development built in.
The inability of the steward leader to hold the shape, electing instead to dominate. An ecology that drains resources, or an enterprise that consumes too much.
Polarity by design brings tension into the shape. The tensive and compressive forces dance together, in what Buckminster Fuller called tensegrity. The tensive force is love, syntropy. The compressive forces are entropic, expansion, diversity.
Within the field of the shape we can birth ideas that are held in the tensegrity of love. Place the shape into an ecology of support and we flourish.
Within the integrity of our own being we get to express all that we are.
Photo taken February 11th, 2020
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.