THOSE WHO DARE TO CREATE CHANGE FOR A WORLD WITH A FUTURE
Great art, great work, change…is hard.
Easy instead to stay small. To not step into the arena.
The first time I stepped into the public arena with Big Blue Sky, an event a small team of incredible people co-created in my local community, I knew a few things.
My commitment was 100%. The event was happening, no matter who showed up or who did not.
It was about starting. Taking a stand. Putting that first stake in the ground.
I was the steward. The keeper of the integrity of the idea behind Big Blue Sky.
It was not about me, it was about the purpose for which we all toiled.
What I did not know at the time was that when the attack would come from the incumbent system that we were seeking to disrupt, I needed to have people around me with the experience of being in this place…the public arena in the face of attack.
When the attack came, I was not prepared. And I did not have that support.
I took it personally. It shattered me that an idea held so beautifully by many people towards a world with a future would be so viciously attacked.
It took me over a year to recover. To realise that at the point of attack, had I known better, I would have said…ah…we must be doing something right. The cage has been rattled. Now is the time to endure. To hold our nerve. To stay the course.
Instead I retreated. I went through a very dark night. I questioned everything. It almost broke me.
I wonder how many beautiful ideas towards a world with a future never see the light off day because those stewards who hold the space for their unfolding do not have mentors around them to hold them steady when the seas storm with viciousness from those most threatened.
Change is hard. Creating a world with a future threatens so many people who profit from things exactly as they are, even though they may profess to be innovators.
When the attack comes, which it will, hold steady against the wind. Be held by those who know this path, who know and love you.
And more than anything, do not be that person who attacks. At the least, see the courage of those who dare to step into the arena. Even if you do not agree with their idea, if their effort is sincere, and their purpose is for something greater than self, applaud their courage.
It is we, those who dare, who slowly, surely, steadily, create change for a world with a future.
Photo taken February 2nd, 2020
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE
= LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.