IF ITS NOT UNCOMFORTABLE FOR YOU THEN EXPECT YOUR LIFE TO STAY THE SAME
Same same is the routine.
If you want things to be different than it is now, then being uncomfortable is to be expected.
Uncomfortable, strange, different, unknown, uncertain.
Being different gets different results.
Doing the same, staying safe, gets more of the same.
How then do we manage discomfort? How do we embrace the new, the strange?
Knowing in advance that this will be your experience, how might you prepare yourself?
What is the level of discomfort you can bare? How might you support yourself to navigate this? Who might you have around you who will keep you upright when the wobble arrives. Which it will.
Meet your discomfort in advance. Perhaps imbue it with the elements of adventure, discovery, learning, curiosity. Talk to the terror. Sooth the place that feels dangerous.
Take the first step. Focus on this step only. Then look to the next.
Photo taken April 19th, 2015
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = MOVING TO A HIGHER ORDER TOWARDS AN ETERNALLY REGENERATIVE UNIVERSE
= LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.