SHARING THE LOAD
Let us name and honour those businesses and people who recognise that we are indeed all one. That when my brother or sister suffers, even though they are not my blood, I too suffer.
Now is the time to either be the lizard reflex of I win, you die.
Or, to know that if my hand helps you, I am helping me and you and our collective future.
As fear bites do we contract and hoard, take, exploit?
Or do we know that if we all take a little hit, the hit is the very same flattened curve that we are seeking to defer in our social distancing.
Do companies who have profited off the backs of workers giving their all decide overnight that their workers are nothing but a line item on a balance sheet that is now in the red?
Perhaps there is another way? Perhaps a company might invite an honest conversation with all their people. This is the situation. We are all in this together. What do we do to ensure we share the load, the cost, the way through?
This is the leadership we crave. Open. Honest. Collaborative. Invitational. Treating people as human beings, respectfully, in a dignified manner.
This might call on the better angels of our nature. It might defer the reptilian response of flight or fight.
It is also time to name those companies who have profited most and not paid through their taxes, or tax funded R@D, and are the most likely to throw their people to the wolves the instant things go wobbly.
To call out…enough. The win lose game is behind us now. We get to emerge through emergency, to become better for being tested.
We humans have the capacity for so much more. For Earth and ALL of her creatures.
This is our test. Let us lead. Be Syntropic. Leave everything we touch better.
PS. Please let me know the names of those companies you see/experience that are doing the right thing so they can be honoured.
Photo taken March 16th, 2020
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.