TIME FOR MASSIVE CREATIVITY AND ACTION. START HERE
Here is a way to start.
Gather your friends, co-workers, colleagues on a Zoom call.
Better still, gather your city council. Or your entire organisation.
List all the unmet needs that you are aware of in your community, organisation, home…
Honourable work for money or for services/accomodation/food
Safe home delivery
Food production and delivery
Volunteers at Charities
Mental Health care
Potential spaces for patients needing medical care
Then list all the unused resources…
People with time
Skilled people – list the skills
Be as creative as you can. No limits. No right or wrong.
Marrying an unmet need with an unused resource is how to create a complimentary currency.
In 1971, here is how this worked in one city in Brazil. They had an abundance of good public transport and food, plus people out of work. They had a shortage of sorted garbage.
A bus token given for sorted garbage and food applied over a three year period led to 100 schools trading 200 tons of garbage for 1.9 million note books, saving 1,200 trees per day, where 62% of the poorer neighbourhoods exchanged 11,000 tons of garbage for nearly 1 million bus tokens and 1200 tons of food…and eventually 70% of the city where involved, to increased their GDP by 75% more than its parent state, and nearly 3x the countries minimum wage…with zero raised taxes, zero bonds issued, zero loans from the World Bank, government or IMF.
The one thing I know about humans is the power of the collective mind working synergistically towards the highest good for the highest number of people…together there is no problem we cannot solve.
Now is the time. Today is the day. Together we can build a world that works for everyone.
Photo taken March 20th, 2020
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.