Vulnerability is not weakness. It is our strength.
This morning my little dog went missing while walking the beach early in the predawn light. I was walking alone, which was unusual. She had lost her dog tag a week before with her name and my number. Everything about the morning was unusual.
On top of all the chaos, the suffering, the uncertainty, was this.
It was, for a moment, too much to bare. All the pieces of me, my being a mother, lover, partner entrepreneur, friend, business steward, responsible dog owner, citizen….was very close to shattering into the sand.
She was found, but not before I had galvanised a search party, called for help.
Right now she is doing her thing of seducing people for a tummy rub outside our coffee shop, where for now, there are no chairs, no places to linger.
And I gather all of the pieces of me back together. And take a deep breath. The ocean is there, steady as always. The sun rose, again, so reliable. Natures beauty is everywhere, a constancy.
This is how we do it. One step, one moment, one day at a time. And when we fall, or stumble, to reach out, ask for help, fall into the arms of our own vulnerability. Not in shame, but in the deep acknowledgement of our humanity, our humanness.
Not alone. Never separate. A collective breakdown.
We need each other.
We need each other.
Reach out. Ask. Be there.
Vulnerability is not weakness. It is our strength. It is the reminder of the soft underbelly of our being, the access point to compassion, love, kindness.
Photo taken March 23rd, 2020
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.