Why are humans in Universe?
This larger question is rarely asked.
When we are enculturated from a young age to fit into an education system that teaches via a score card, to then go into a world that measures value by another score card, in a larger system that is hell bent on achieving a measure of growth as the signifier of success…it is rare that we take a moment to pause and ask….what is the purpose of humanity?
Some of us are just beginning to ask what is our individual purpose.
These are rich questions, worthy of deep consideration.
If we step back and observe, if we consider the arc of history, of humans from the beginning of our time, is there a Pattern Integrity, a thread to us as an historical collective?
When we stand from this point of view it seems incredibly immature to build entire nations on the single measure of GDP as the arbiter of our success.
To seek to have children learn history and maths, the sciences, language, art…and then use blunt instruments called tests to determine, to measure, if our teaching has been a success. Where the test itself then becomes the purpose, and we lose the intention to learn history…or maths…to get into its weeds, to explore, deliberate, apply critical thinking.
Our increased separation, atomisation, division…might be the side effect of our use of poorly designed measuring instruments.
We measure through separation. Division. Silos.
Where is the integrated knowledge, the whole systems perspective? That we are not apart from Nature. We are Nature.
And how do we begin to have conversations, deep comprehensively considerate discussions about why we humans are here, what is the purpose of Australia, or the UK, or the USA?
These questions might terrify us…they might appear too big. Too ephemeral. They challenge those in power who profit from the status quo.
Yet many of us feel that the time to begin to ask is now as the world takes a compulsory pause.
And in the process acknowledge that there is no one right answer, and perhaps no answer that stays the same for decades…rather we are a part of the flex and flow of a larger arc that might never make sense.
In the asking there is an inherent acknowledgment that we are here for a purpose. And that each of us might indeed matter to the larger whole.
Photo taken May 3rd, 2020
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.