Let them eat cake
I am not sure if these words were actually spoken. But I do know that the Brazilian president said this week that his middle name might be messiah, but he cannot perform miracles…all the while expressing not a slither of care for the people he is supposed to be representing.
History teaches that when masses of people are left discarded, irrelevant to the machine of accumulation and rapacious greed, eventually there will be an uprising.
No wealth or perceived power can stop this. Some of our current world politicians might become students of history. Alas, their hubris prevents this.
In some countries, like the USA, where people are armed beyond imagination, this uprising will be violent.
Silent peaceful protests are as powerful. Indeed more powerful. They set the stage for a future that refuses violence as an antidote to care-less-ness and self serving greed.
Essential workers….suddenly moved from behind the scenes of relevance to the front line of importance… if they lay down their tools, will cause the military industrial complex to grind to a halt.
In the end, the kind word, the gentle hand, the clean bed…absent all glamor and luxury, matter more than anything.
The greatest threat to any seized or claimed power is the awakening of the people to their own power to change. To stop this from happening, the power play is to keep people divided. Keep us divided.
But when all the basics of humanity are striped…food, education, health care, dignity… divisions disintegrate.
Against the backdrop of leaders soaked in an addiction to their own power and glory, let the uprising be one of love, care for people…all people, care for our home planet.
It will take us all….standing on the shoulders of giants like Gandhi, Mandela…and even the Prophets of the long past, like Jesus…who stood with the prostitutes, the lepers, the broken…and invited them all to the table.
Photo taken May 5th, 2020
Beauty is best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here.
About Christine McDougall
CREATING A WORLD WHERE SYNTROPIC ENTERPRISES ARE UBIQUITOUS. SYNTROPIC = LEAVING EVERYTHING BETTER
As the Founder and Chief Steward of Syntropic.world – Christine works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science) and the working laws of Universe to enterprise design and human co-ordination. She has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of Syntropic enterprises as ubiquitous.
To learn more visit www.syntropic.world
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways Christine and Team Syntropic might help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world in The Dare to Care Workshop. www.syntropic.world/speakthetruth
2. Masterclass – Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. The masterclass seeds a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more, www.syntropic.world/masterclass
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/launchpad
4. Unplanning Obsolescence One Day Strategy Session – a team experience to consider a whole systems approach to strategy through becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information, www.syntropic.world/unplanningobsolescence
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. www.syntropic.world/retreat
6. Warm Data Labs – to consider a trans-contextual response to complex problems, evoking the collective brilliance available when we look at the whole system by design. www.syntropic.world/warmdatalab
7. Dare to Care workshop – How to speak the radical truth with compassion. Delivered to thousands of people around the world, the Dare to Care workshop starts with the premise that I need to care more about you than what you think about me.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.